Did you know that if you were born on or after 1 September 1997, you must stay in some form of education or training until your 18th birthday? You can do this in 1 of 3 ways
- Study full-time, e.g. at a school 6th form or college.
- Work and study for a qualification, e.g. take an Apprenticeship or Traineeship.
- Study part-time whilst you work for an employer, yourself or volunteer (for 20+ hours per week).
Whichever pathway you choose, you will need to achieve at least a grade 4 in GCSE Maths and English (this is equivalent to a Level 2 in Functional Skills Maths and English).
You can get financial help, but the help you get is dependent on your individual circumstance.
- 16 – 19 Bursary Fund for young people who need financial support in order to stay in education or training.
- Child Benefit
- Money Helper
- Student Finance (for general student finance information)
Check www.youngcroydon.org.uk for a range of activities on offer for young people in Croydon.
If you would like to be added to our mailing list to receive our monthly Steps to Success Opportunities Bulletin or would like more information about the options available to you,